Every March since 1987, Congress and U.S. Presidents have designated the month of March as Women's History Month. Each year, we get to celebrate the accomplishments and vital contributions of women in history. By highlighting women who have made a difference in history, it opens up a world of possibilities to young girls who can feel confident that they can change the future history and make a difference themselves.
We've put together a collage as an ode to the late, great Ruth Bader Ginsburg and all the wonderful commemorative items we've been able to create to honor her. We've also included some other wonderful women who have served as First Lady, Senator, Presidential candidate, and now Vice President!
If you're looking for a way to celebrate this month, here are a few ideas:
- Support a women-owned business or organization (Green Tree is 50% woman-owned and 90% woman-run!)
- Read a short history lesson on Women's History month
- Get inspired by some of our women role models
- Write a letter to a woman who inspires you saying thank you - and while you’re at it, take the time to write one for yourself.
- Read a book by a woman who inspires you